Scope: To add another layer of accommodation to cable laying vessel
Timing: June 2015 - August 2015
Major highlights: New Accommodation block built in 20 days. Very detailed Execution plan delivered on schedule and on budget.
Jan de Nul, Belgium contracted Damen Shipyards Sharjah (DSS) to add another layer to the accommodation of their cable laying vessel “Willem de Vlaminck)
Work carried out:
- Disconnect all services between accommodation/wheelhouse and the vessel.
- Cut loose the accommodation at main deck level
- Jack up complete accommodation by 4 meters in its entirety
- Skid in a pre-prepared additional accommodation layer
- Align the old with the new part and weld everything together.
- Restore all services including the new layer accommodation
- Support the carpentry works, new HVAC etc